All stallholders are required to uphold the Code of Conduct when participating with the Semaphore Street Fair.
- Stall placement and overall market layout is at the discretion of Management.
- Management reserves the right to relocate a stallholder to another area within the market.
- We ask that all stallholders remain flexible and accept changes to site layout at anytime.
- We remind stallholders that there are no ‘permanent’ sites available at the market.
- Management makes a sincere and thoughtful effort to meet all stallholders needs and requests regarding stall placement at the Street Fair.
Management reserve the right to request that a stallholder undertake any reasonable measure, which in the opinion of Management will improve the safety of the stall, or to raise the level of presentation of the stall and its products.
- Please refer to Stallholder Selection Criteria document for clarity on product and stall inclusion.
- Management reserves the right to refuse, or request the removal of product that is unsuitable, or has not been approved by Management at any time.
- A stallholder may only offer for sale approved products which have been accepted by Management on the application form submitted by the stallholder.
- To add new products, permission must be sought from Management.
- Stallholders may be asked to provide pictures of their intended product. Products cannot be added to a stall unless approval is given by Management.
- It is the responsibility of the stallholder to ensure they conform to any safety and compliance standards pertaining to their product.
Please phone or email the Event Coordinator to cancel your stall (please refer to Cancellation Conditions document for details about costs incurred for cancelling your stall).
Social Media Policy
Stallholders are asked to present positive messages about the Semaphore Street Fair and their experiences at the Street Fair on social media platforms. Negative comments or airing of grievances with Management on social media will result in immediate termination from the Street Fair. All grievances can be resolved professionally by other means.
Building a culture of courtesy and respect
We ask that stallholders consider their neighbours, other staff and retailers and treat others with respect, and as they would like to be treated in all their dealings in the market.
- We have a zero tolerance for conflict.
- Conflict will not be tolerated between stallholders and Street Fair visitors, retailers and storeowners, Street Fair staff, volunteers and other stallholders.
- We seek to maintain a harmonious, friendly and fun environment for all.
- Verbal abuse (swearing) at Street Fair staff, volunteers, security, retailers, visitors or other stallholders is not acceptable behaviour.
- Physical abuse under any circumstances is not acceptable behaviour.
- There is no warning system in place for breaching these conditions at our Street Fair. If you are found in breach of either of these two conditions your participation in the Semaphore Street Fair will be terminated immediately.
- The Semaphore Street Fair is a safe place for all stallholders, visitors, staff, volunteers, contractors and retailers to work, to trade and to visit and unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated.